Friday, January 16, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

This semester I decided to take a lighter load of classes so that I can have more time to study, and to train for new job as tour guide/driver this summer. This new job requires me to obtain a commercial drivers license (CDL). My company brings a bus down to Rexburg and generally trainees train and take the test down here and Idaho. I thought it was time for to make some changes in my life so I have made some goals for myself. One of my goals was to become closer to Heavenly Father and also to do the things that I have been neglecting. Well I think the Lord heard my prayers to become closer to Him because I got a phone call from my Bishop the day before school started and he asked me to come in for an interview. At first I didn't think anything of it, and then I walked into his office, and he asked me to be the Releif Society President. My heart stopped. I immediately thought, how am i going to be able to pull this off. I felt like I had huge shoes to fill because the Relief Society President was way cool, and cared a lot about every each girl. As this week has gone on its been full of meetings. And I have been really busy. I hope things quiet down and I can be a good example to all the young ladies in my Relief Society. Wow! I need help.

4 comments:

  1. Alicia you are going to do great!! YOu are already on the ball and you are super friendly!! We can be there for each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine. I can't think of anyone better for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I think that you'll be fantastic at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have blog!! I check blogs more often than facebook stuff. Congrats on your new calling...you'll do so great at it. You have such an awesome personality and I'm sure the girls in your ward will feel that they can count on you! Have you picked your counselers yet? Have fun driving a bus this summer, not sure I could ever do that, I'll stick to the docks! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete